10 Facts About The Summer Series.
1. The Summer Series is set in Australia in the 90’s.
2. ‘Onslow’ is a mythical lakeside town.
3. ‘The Boys of Summer’ was originally to be a standalone novel, but morphed into a three book series.
4. C.J’s first job was working in a pub.
5. Book One ‘The Boys of Summer’ was written in 2011 during NaNo month (National Novel Writing Month) in November.
6. The Boys of Summer was based on an idea C.J had when she was 11 years old.
7. Much to C.J’s horror, she seriously considered making The Boys of Summer standalone book to be much darker, even going as far to kill off a character. She decided to go against the idea instead penning a light, fun, romantic summer read.
8. C.J stumbled into publishing by accident, having formed a friendship with fellow Author Ednah Walters who encouraged her to ‘own what you do’ and publish her writing.
9. C.J is a fast writer often finishing a novel anywhere from a one to three month period before edits and rewrites begin.
10. The Summer Series will feature three novels with a spinoff planned in the future.
C.J Duggan is an Australian author who lives with her husband in a rural border town of New South Wales, Australia.
The Boys of Summer is Book One in her Mature Young Adult Romance Series.
For more on C.J and ‘The Summer Series’, visit www.cjdugganbooks.com
Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook